Episode 175: Started at the age of 50 and well on his way to financial freedom!
In today’s show, Pancham interviews Jeff McKee – a global sales leader in McAfee partnering with Dell Consumer & SB, technology leader, and real estate investor. Born in a family full of W2 employees, he also started working in the tech industry for 33 years but decided to add another path for him and started investing at the age of 50! Now, he is on his way to financial independence as he and his family continue to invest in syndications and multifamily apartments!
His story is for anyone who thinks that it’s too late for them to start investing. In this episode, learn that it’s never too late to start investing as he shares his biggest why and how he first got into investing. He’ll also share his journey, what he did to get educated, and how investing helps him take more control of his life!
Listen and enjoy the show!
Tune in to this show and enjoy!
- 0:41 – Pancham introduces Jeff to the show
- 2:02 – On adding a passive income stream through real estate investing
- 9:14 – Why he decided to get started with investing in his 50s
- 12:13 – On taking actions, failing forward, and being able to learn along the way
- 16:11 – Decisions that he would have done differently when he first started
- 24:29 – Financing details on his first single-family and multifamily investments
- 28:14 – The morning routine that helps him to be more productive
- 32:09 – Taking the Leap Round
- 32:09 – His 1st duplex investment outside of Wall Street
- 33:00 – Overcoming uneasiness when he first started investing
- 34:19 – How his 1st duplex investment didn’t go as expected
- 35:33 – Why investors should start investing in themselves
- 36:51 – Where you can get a copy of his guidebook “Passive Investing in Multifamily”
3 Key Points:
- Always start and take action instead of waiting on the sidelines. It may not be the right action but at least you’ll learn along the way and be better.
- Surround yourself with like-minded individuals that have the same goals such as a professional team of advisors, fellow investors, mentoring groups, and the like.
- When you first start investing, it’s best to partner with others to generate capital. There are a lot of ways to do joint ventures that investors can explore.
Get in Touch:
- Get your FREE eBook copy of “Passive Investing in Multifamily Guidebook” at email@example.com
- McKee Capital Group Website – https://mckeecapitalgroup.com/
- Listen to TGCI #4 at https://thegoldcollarinvestor.com/show4/
- The Gold Collar Investor Club – https://thegoldcollarinvestor.com/club/
- Pancham Gupta Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! By Robert T. Kiyosaki – https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dad-Poor-Teach-Middle/dp/1612680194
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom by Robert T. Kiyosaki – https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dads-CASHFLOW-Quadrant-Financial/dp/1612680054
- The Miracle Morning Series by Hal Elrod – https://www.amazon.com/The-Miracle-Morning-15-book-series/dp/B07B5RD8MK?ref=dbs_m_mng_rwt_0000_ext